Visa on Arrival
Brief History of Visa on Arrival (VoA)
Nigeria Visa on Arrival is a class of short visit visa issued at the port of entry.
The VoA facility is available to frequently travelled High Net Worth Investors and Intending Visitors who may not be able to obtain visa at the Nigerian Missions/Embassies in their countries of residence due to the absence of a Nigerian mission in those countries or exigencies of urgent business travels.
Visa on Arrival is available to citizens of all countries except ECOWAS Nationals who do not require visa to visit Nigeria and other countries which Nigeria has entered into visa abolition agreements.
Class of Persons Eligible to VoA:
- Frequently travelled Business Persons of International Repute
- Executives of Multi-national Companies
- Members of Government Delegations
- Holders of United Nations Laissez-Passer
- Holders of African Union Laissez-Passer,
- Holders of ECOWAS Laissez-Passer,
- Holders of any other Official travel documents of other recognized International Organizations who intend to visit Nigeria.
Requirements for Issuance of Visa on Arrival at the Port of Entry
- Visa Approval Letter (Pre-approved visa letter), valid for 14 days from the date of issuance
- Evidence of online payment
- Valid Passport with minimum of six months validity
- Valid return ticket
- Two recent passport sized photographs
How to Apply for Visa on Arrival
Step 1: Get Visa on Arrival Approval Letter
How to Apply for Visa on Arrival Approval Letter
- Contact your Representative (Business partners, Company Representative, Protocol/Liaison Officer, etc) in Nigeria.
- The Representative files a formal request for Visa on Arrival Approval on your behalf stating the following:
- Name of visitor
- Passport number of visitor
- Purpose of visit
- Proposed date of visit
- Proposed port of entry
- Proposed airline
- Flight itinerary
- Address in Nigeria
- email address of the visitor
- Acceptance of Immigration Responsibility
- The representative shall attach the following documents in support of the application
- Copy of data page of visitor’s passport
- Copy of valid Return ticket
The request shall be processed and Approval issued within 48hrs (2 working days)
After the Approval Letter is obtained,(Hard Copy) by your representative, an advanced copy will be forwarded to you by email, copies of the same document will be forwarded to the Airline stated in your application, Immigration officer at the ports of entry
Step 2: Pay for Visa on Arrival
Fill in the application form with your correct details and make payment online: https://portal.immigration.gov.ng
Note: Successful payment online is NOT AN APPROVAL. DO NOT PROCEED to Nigeria until you have received “Visa on Arrival Approval Letter” issued by the Nigeria Immigration Service Headquarters, Abuja. Online Payment may also be made at point of arrival subject to presentation of Visa on Arrival Approval Letter. Master Card, Visa and American Express card are acceptable.
Step 3: At the Port of Entry
Upon arrival at the port of entry proceed to clearly marked Visa on Arrival Desk for issuance of entry Visa. Present your approval letter, passport and evidence of payment for you to be issued with an Entry Visa.
Step 4: Proceed for Immigration Clearance